Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

It's been a quiet day in our household. We watched the snow, we watched the wind blowing. I don't think I've been warm all day since I came out from under the electric blanket!

We have family plans the rest of the weekend. Since we'll get our fair share of the most scrumptious poultry dish there is, we decided to make one of our other favorite meals for dinner today.

Meatloaf! Scoff if you will, this is one meal that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. It's comfort food for my soul. We had an awesome meatloaf, some mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and even garlic bread. Believe it or not, even without the triptophan from the turkey, we are both exhausted. And stuffed!

For now I'm going to go downstairs and do some time on the treadmill. I need to make sure I can handle the turkey dinners to come!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May we all have a safe and happy holiday season!

No comments: