As a quick update to the last post, as you know it wasn't the satellite dish coming off of my house that made all that noise. What happened is the trim piece on the bedroom window came loose and was flapping in the breeze.
I got repair instructions from my go-to guy Mike. I couldn't do everything he suggested I do but I got most of it.
First I had to move my heavy bed and that was probably the worst part of this project. Due to the size of my ass, I had to move the bed farther than I wanted to move it to get at the window. But, move it I did and put a step ladder next to the window. I couldn't get the actual window to pop out of the frame so I lowered the window from the top, got up on the step ladder and hung out my window to work on that trim. Yeah, no one is ever around with a camera when you need them!
I tried to unbend the bend in the aluminum. I couldn't figure out how to do it as it wasn't cooperating with me. I think part of it was I really was afraid of falling out my window and I was kinda working backwards. It's hard to explain but I just couldn't make it work.
So, I took the staple gun that I borrowed from Mike, held the trim down the best I could and put a couple of staples in it.
I know, it's not straight since I couldn't get that bend at the top out. But at least it's not flapping in the breeze.
Which makes for much quieter nights.
Which makes me much happier.
I still need a maintenance man.
But in a pinch, my half-assed job is better than nothing.