Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Stupidity Should Be Painful - And It Was

Yesterday I was stupid. Ok, that might not be unusual for me, but I was more stupid than usual! And, this time it was painful.

I was making pork chops for dinner last night. I was pan frying the pork chops just long enough to brown them and then they were going into the oven. I could only fry two chops at a time. As one pork chop came out of the pan, I went to put another one in the pan. I had the raw pork chop on a fork for the transfer to the hot pan and PLOP! The chop fell off the fork and into the pan and the hot grease flew everywhere. Considering the hot grease got me from head to toe, I ended up VERY lucky. I have a small burn on the top of one of my feet and that was my only injury.

As I was cleaning myself up and I realized just how much grease I got on me, I am amazed, and truly lucky, that one small burn was the only injury.

So, here I am, taking inventory of the damage and the worst part is that I have grease ALL over my favorite blue sweater. As soon as I finished with the chops, I ran upstairs with my bottle of Dawn dish washing liquid (it is a de-greaser after all) and my sweater and my one sock are now soaking in one of the bathroom sinks.

My concern is what if the grease doesn't come right out? How am I supposed to get grease out of my favorite sweater?? Any suggestions would be welcome.

The good news of this story though is the pork chops. This is one of my favorite meals and I don't cook them often because mine never come out that well; always too dry. This was the exception though. These were the best darn pork chops I ever made! I paid a price for them, but they were very good.

Next time I'm working with hot grease though, I'm wearing an old t-shirt and not my favorite sweater.

2 comments:

Papa said...

don't worry! papa has some super "oxyclean" from work that will work!
Merry Christmas

Mati said...

Hmmm...how about putting a patch overtop the grease stain? It could say something like "This is my favorite sweater" or "I'm with Stupid" and have an arrow pointing to the person next to you. Or you could soak the whole thing in grease then it will all match again! Of course, that might smell bad, otherwise that could be a good idea!