Sunday, December 07, 2008

Phil Had An Idea

Yes, Phil had an idea. And, it was a good one, too!

Phil was nice enough to take me for a few groceries last week. One of the things on my list was a box of cake mix. I don't bake cakes very often, but I do like to have a mix on hand just in case I want one.

There we were in the boxed cake mix aisle and I was trying to make a few wise choices. A good yellow cake is never a bad choice; check. Hmm, lemon cake? Hey, one of my personal favorites; check. Then Phil pointed out a box: strawberry cake. Hmm, this would normally never make my top 10 list of cakes mixes to buy. However, Phil seemed interested in it so I thought what the heck. Phil should be allowed to choose dessert once in awhile too! We also chose the strawberry cake mix.

The more I started to think about this the more it was intriguing me. Strawberry cake with Mom's chocolate icing. Hmm, almost like chocolate covered strawberries? By last night after dinner, I couldn't take it any longer. As soon as dinner dishes were done, I started in on the cake.
Ron was nice enough to mix the frosting for me so we all had a nice late night snack! Don't knock it until you try it. And by the way . . . darned good idea, Phil!


2 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

And maybe I am holding onto mom yet, but nothing yet for me beats chocolate cake with mom's Chocolate frosting

Mati said...

Hey...I like cake! Save me a piece!