Monday, December 01, 2008

I Am Thankful

Thanksgiving weekend. A time to give thanks. And, yes, I do have a lot to be thankful for.

Let's start with the big day itself; Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful that brother Jim made the drive out here to Ohio to join us for dinner! Since Jim was willing to do all the driving, the least I could do was make one of his favorite meals. Instead of turkey with all the trimmings, we had ham! Before you start to laugh, my ham was absolutely the best ham I ever made! I didn't do anything differently than I usually do when cooking a ham but this baby was the bomb. A good day of family and laughs and good food. Can it get any better?

Yes, it can, with another entire Thanksgiving dinner with more family!

Saturday we headed over to Michael and Mary Jane's to join in their family celebration. Hey, like I need another excuse to put on the feed bag, especially when I wasn't the one cooking it!

Ron provided his famous ranch beans, vegan style, and I went and spent all day over a hot oven baking a couple of pies. Ok, I lied. I had Phil drive me to Mama Jo's Pies and bought a couple of pies! But, if anyone asks . . . I slaved all day, ok?

The young ones of the family were in overdrive, and Papa and Grandma were in heaven in the midst of the chaos! Since Noah and Grady just woke up from a nap around the time we got there, it took them a little while to feel the warm fuzzies in a house full of adults, but they warmed up soon. Isaiah and Evan were everywhere and giving love to us all! I hope when they grow up, they carry with them the happy memories that we all have of having holiday meals with the family. Lots of people, lots of food and lots of love.

Yeah, it was a good weekend.

So, Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for?
  • Ron
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Large print books at the library
  • Vicodin (for which I am VERY thankful)
  • Pomegranates
  • Light traffic days
  • Yellow finches eating from our bird feeder
  • Foot rubs
  • Sitting on my front porch on a nice day
  • Halushki and Cabbage
  • www.fark.com - curses to you, Michael J for teaching me this one!
  • Laughter
  • Kitchen curtains
What? Kitchen curtains? Ok, this is only a partial list as I am thankful for so many things. And, after being in the house for five years now, we finally put up kitchen curtains! Ok, Ron put them up, but I supervised! I supervised him installing the rods and I supervised his hanging the curtains. If I do say so myself, he did a great job!

Cute, huh? And, as a cutesy detail, there are little grape clusters covering the loops that you put the rods through. Is this just too cute or what?


Ok, I happen to love these curtains. Good thing they are hanging in my kitchen!

Last but not least, today is my anniversary. December 1, 2001, I moved to Ohio. I only lasted six years in Houston and here I am seven years now in Ohio! What's next? Time to move yet?

2 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

Be careful with that move idea! ya haveta stay within my travel distance or else I could not come over as often!

Mati said...

I'd like to put in a plug for Florida. Yes, it's hot a lot. Hot is fine when you have A/C and everyone and everywhere down here does! Besides, you're good friend lives in Florida! Do you really need a better selling point than that?