Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wii've Got It

Yes, Ron got us a Wii! It arrived yesterday and since then we've already made a trip to Best Buy to get another game controller and more games.

It's really a scary game system. It is yet another wireless connection to the Internet so from our Wii in the living room, we can download updates for the game as well as buy new games, we can check the weather or find the latest news stories. A scary feature for a game!

One of the cool features is the Mii. That is a little animated figure you create in your own or your imagined likeness. Mine is similar to me, less a few pounds! You pick our your own facial features, hair style and colors and you name your image. Then every game you play, your little person is there in the game. Yeah, a fun feature!

I've learned a few things too. I can knock a full grown man OUT in three rounds (Boxing game). I can beat Ron in Bowling most of the time! I take second place in the rest of the games, but in Bowling, I am the bomb. My highest game so far is 212. However, for someone with a newly injured right shoulder, this perhaps wasn't the brightest thing I've played. Bowling might just have put me back a few days in recovery for sure. Oh well. I beat Ron so it was worth it!!

The 9-ball game is going to take some learning curves. We have the idea down but the view of the table in the game is taking some getting used to. Just when I think I have a shot lines up, I am waaaaay off.

The Golf game, on the other hand, I think has made me a believer in the game! I haven't exactly been tearing up the links, but I have been having one heck of a time trying.

The Boxing game may be just what I need to work off a few work tensions. And, for some reason, Ron has been a little wary of me since he watched my knock out performance! Fear me, people! PMS and a Wii can probably be a dangerous combination!

So, slowly but surely we are heading into the technology of the 21st century. While I'm climbing up to the new status of Wii owner, I think I'll make sure my insurance payments are current. After all, I'm bringing my old and tired muscles with me into the Wii generation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to email us your Wii code, we've got Mii's we can send you - like UJ and Papa, and Evan and Grady too.

We've been playing the Wii Fit a lot, it's pretty fun.

Jim's Blog said...

Wii To Go! Did you call yours mini-mii? The cat is out of the bag now, and you'll have stiff competition from mikey and family