Sunday, June 08, 2008

Faux Pas

Ok, GPS unit or no GPS unit, I am still getting lost.

Saturday we had given the fish tank a good cleaning. That's some hard work since it's a 65 gallon tank. We are climbing up on chairs in order to reach down to clean the gravel and to put the plants back in the tank. When all is said and done, we were both wet, sweaty and hungry.

While Ron was putting away the cleaning supplies, I was going to run and get us lunch. Ron chose from our book of menus a restaurant called Gyros and More. I know that's what he chose since he handed me the menu, told me what he'd like and I ended up calling our order in. I was told lunch would be ready in 10 minutes, so I rushed to put shoes on and I was out the door.

I walked into a restaurant, and asked for our order. I was told they had no order under my name. C'mon now, I called it in myself! I talked to a girl just 10 minutes ago and asked for a couple of sandwiches. Of course, I was told no women were working in this restaurant at this time. Now I'm freakin' out. Of course, I have no cell phone with me as I rarely carry it when I'm out. That might have to change!

I look down at the counter and see their menus sitting there. "Cruisin' Chicken". Yeah, close but no cigar. I was supposed to be at Gyros and More! DUH! How do you back pedal that one to a kid that doesn't want to be at work anyway that without sounding like I'm the idiot. You don't. I ate my crow, apologized for the brain fart and I was back out the door. I pulled out of Cruisin' Chicken and moved on down the road to Gyros and More who of course, has my order ready for me.

Not only did I eat some crow with a kid at the first place, but now I have to face the music when I get home and Ron says he was starting to worry about me since it took me so long to get back.

Yeah, I gotta learn how to lie. I came right out with the story of going to the wrong restaurant first and arguing with the Cruisin' Chicken employee, and how I may not be allowed back in that place for awhile! One little faux pas. Maybe next time I'll make Ron go get lunch. I shouldn't be allowed out alone!

No comments: