Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday The 13th

I'm not usually a superstitious person, but I have a bad feeling about today.

I've written before about my OCD and having to look out of my bedroom window whenever I am getting in or out of bed.

This morning, I woke up before my alarm since my bladder was calling me. I looked out the bedroom window and there was one of the neighborhood cats laying out in my driveway. I think it's a feral cat as most of the time I see it up in the pine tree in the yard next door. He's always around somewhere. I also believe this is the cat that has been using the corner of my garage as a scratching post.

Anyway, this cat was laying in the driveway, kind of next to Ron's van, in a weird way. He looked like he was kinda in a "splat" position. He didn't look comfortable, he just looked like he collapsed in my driveway!

Crawling back into bed after relieving that bladder problem, I looked again out the window. Sure enough, the cat was still there; it wasn't a dream.

Ron was also awake so I told him that I think we have a dead cat in the driveway. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea either! I lay there thinking - who do you call for such a thing? I didn't think I could just grab a shovel and put him in the trash before the garbage guys pick up. That would just be all kinds of wrong. I also didn't want to take said shovel and dig a hole in the flower garden. But I obviously didn't want to leave him where he was either. Do you call 911? Animal control? I was getting myself all worked up over here!

About 15 minutes later, my alarm went off. Getting out of bed, I looked out the window again. The cat is gone. The neighborhood large dog was still tied up so it wasn't him!

So, I got all worked up over nothing. The cat was just taking a nap in my driveway.

While I may not be superstitious, I still think this is a bad omen. I have a feeling today is just going to go down the crapper from here!

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was the cat a black one? Was there a straw broom near the cat? Otherwise it was just a sleepy cat. Wait till I get there! Fridays the 13th are most lucky for me!

I must go out and buy a Mega Million lottery ticket for today's drawing, I may even get all the millions being offered for today!!!!!

Big Bro Phil