Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Almost Behaved

Ron is away for a few days in Minnesota. While he's gone, I'm holding down the fort here at home.

I took Friday off just to enjoy a nice quiet day. Hey, I can be left alone without burning the place down! I wanted to run some errands that I just don't have time to do during the week, like getting the oil changed in my car.

One of the errands I had to do was to run to the aquarium store to return a hood for my tank that wasn't the right size. That's all I planned on doing at the aquarium store. No more fish, just a return. Ha.

Once I took care of business there, I did saunter over to look at the fish. I had a nice long conversation with one of the guys that works there about tank care, and about some of the species of fish. One of the next fish I wanted to buy, I found out that they would not be compatible with the fish we were planning for our community tank. That was good to know sooner rather than later! So, we walked around and talked about a bunch of other fish that would go with what we plan.

Ok, he sucked me in. I came home with six new gold gouramis! They really are cute little buggers. The best part about it is, I put them in the tank more than 24 hours ago, and they are all still alive!

Yeah, I think I'm getting good at this fish stuff. Sort of. I think I lost points however yesterday afternoon after the new fish went into the tank, I sat there watching them while eating a tuna fish sandwich. Yeah, well, it's a learning process to be a good fish owner. I'll get there.

No comments: