Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Shout Out to Muzik's Auto!

Muzik's Auto Care at 3671 Oberlin Avenue in Lorain Ohio.  Seriously, an honest mechanic in this day and age, even to a woman!  This is the picture of the garage from their Facebook page.


My disclaimer is that I am in no way affiliated with Muzik's Auto other than being a customer.  I am not related, involved with or financially responsible for this business.  What I am is a huge fan!

I have had years under my belt of trying to find a mechanic.  You want someone that will fix your car first of all, but you want someone who will tell you honestly if something is actually broken or something just came loose and needs reconnected.  We have all heard the horror stories of high mechanic bills for work that was never done.

Ron and I have been taking our vehicles to Muzik's Auto for almost as long as we've lived in Lorain.  They are fair, honest and do good work to boot.  If it's broke, they'll tell you.  If it's not broke, they will tell you that too.  Unfortunately, twice now Ron has gotten the "I would junk that car before I put any more money into fixing it" from them!  Ok, not what you really want to hear, but it's better than "here's a bill for $3,000 to fix a $1,000 car!"

I just had to give a shout out to the guys because they fixed my squealing brakes.  It was suggested that I take the car back to the dealer who replaced the brakes since they might still be under warranty.  But, as I told John at Muzik's, I have had nothing but trouble from the dealer since I bought the car.  I was not taking the car back to them even for warranty work.  The only reason I took it there in the first place was for my 100,000 mile check up.  Oh well, lesson learned.

So it cost me a few bucks but the brakes that have squealed since I got them no longer squeal.  And, they fixed a few other little odds and ends as long as they had the car.  I know it's a 10 year old car but it's paid for so I want to keep it as long as I can.

I just had to do a shout out to Muzik's Auto.  Seriously, if you need any work done, go check them out.  Tell John that the crazy woman with the squeaky brakes sent you!


4 comments:

Mark said...

Good to know. Another honest mechanic in town is Al Perhot, at the corner of Oberlin Avenue and Cooper Foster. I've taken my kids' cars and my truck to him, and if something needs a tweak instead of a replacement, he'll hook you up. He was putting tires on my son's car and called me up and said, He's thisclose to an oil change. I told him to go ahead and do it, and since Mike was going on a trip, give it the once-over and add it to the bill. (You'd think that would open the door to all kinds of charges.) I was billed for the tires and oil, and he told me everything else looked great. A great guy and sarcastic as he11 once you get to know him!!

Unknown said...

I wish I had such a good mechanik over here! I have a gas car (autogas) and it made a lot of trouble from the beginning. The car went off in the middle of driving around and at last the motor didn't work properly. It was in a nearby workshop again and again and nothing really changed. It got even worse, when I changed the workshop. They found out that the car was never ever repaired before. Fraudsters!

Unknown said...

Fraud is right! And I remember on your blog that due to your laws, you can't even MENTION them in your blog. That's just wrong!

I hope that since then, you have found a better mechanic to help you out. I don't mind paying for service, but I want the service I'm paying for!

Unknown said...

Never ending stories with craftsmen! Wait until I write you about the facades they are currently doing on my house!
No, in Germany you can be sued for telling about bad experiences, it's right. So I am going to tell you the story of the last 6 weeks in the next letter.