Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Challenge: Complete!

My friend Lisa was doing a photo blog, posting one picture a day throughout 2012 from within the city limits of Lorain.  That sounded like so much fun, I joined her in this challenge!  We were Lorain365 and our tag line was "2chix, 2pix, every day".

I committed to the blog, to the cause.  I posted 365 pictures in 366 days of 2012.  Ok, personally I figured if it was Lorain365, I had a pass for one day!  I took it!  What can I tell you, that's the way my mind works.

Now 2012 is over and my commitment is over.  This was more of a challenge than I ever thought it would be.  On the other hand, this was also more fun than I thought it was going to be.  This challenge gave me a better appreciation and understanding of Lorain.  I also learned a LOT about my camera this past year.  I still have a far way to go, but I am much farther along in my knowledge than I was a year ago today.  I want to thank Lisa for the allowing me to play in her reindeer games, for letting me pick her brain on all things camera and pictures and of course, for being my friend!

As much as I like playing with my camera and taking pictures, it was time for me to put a fork in it and call it done.  My true passion in blogging and my reason for the blog is writing.  I will still take pictures, but they will be to support a story that I want to tell.  And I know as I approach my 1,000th blog post, I still have a lot of stories to tell. 

While I have completed my commitment to Lorain365, this is still Lisa's passion.  So, for 2013, Lisa and Laura will be the new 2chix for the blog!  Please continue to stop by and check out what they are doing.  You never know when I will pop up as a guest blogger!  This can be one crazy city sometimes.  I'm sure I'll see something that needs to be put out there!

For this first day of 2013, I have to post a picture of what I saw today looking out my window.


It looks like the kitty highway was all coming to my house to surround me!  Aaah, life is good.

2013 - Life IS good.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your cats know: Here is Ree's shelter for us, she gives us food, she gives us a wrm place, she cares whenever we are sick, she gives us all her love. Kitty highway!

I love the Lorain blog idea, but I understand that it is very challenging posting every day. I experienced this during our two monthly challenges last winter. Sometimes I couldn't manage to post anything, too much work. And I think it's the same with you. I am also more a blogger, a story teller than a photographer, although I love taking pictures. I'm with you: my pics also illustrate the story, that's the purpose I took them.
I will iss you on the Lorain blog, but I hope for more stories here! And maybe we can start a monthly challenge again from time to time.

So happy new blogger-year with a lot of stories to come!

Unknown said...

I would do another monthly challenge, but I need some time off first. Maybe in the spring? That will be good picture taking time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is the same with me. At the moment to much to do. But spring would be a good time for beginning some new things at all. I also hope getting a lot of things done in my huse until then. No hurry...just an idea when we both feel comfortable with it, it will happen! Hugs!