Monday, August 27, 2012

C.D.O.

If you know me, you know I have a bit of an obsessive-compulsive side to me.  Some people call it O.C.D. but I prefer C.D.O., since that's in alphabetical order.  The way it should be.  See what I mean??

Ron should have learned in all the years we've been together about my C.D.O. and the fact that you should never teach me anything new.  I will obsess about it. 

His latest toys are the cameras.  I won't say how many of them there are or where they are all located, but know that Ron has gone high tech and we now have infrared cameras in and around the house.  And yes, they do record once they detect movement.  Hey, one of our neighbors just got broken into last week.  I know it's not safe anywhere, but he's doing what he can to keep us as safe as he can.

The cameras.  That would be ONE thing but then Ron had to show me that I can LOOK at what is going on from any camera angle from ANY computer.  They all have their own web links!  I follow one of the links, then I have my own log on and password and for REAL, I can't get enough of it!

I'm just going to tell you about my two favorites.  One is trained on the front door.  Ron calls this "front door security cam" but I call it my "kitty cam"!  I have learned to strategically place the cat food bowl on the front porch so that now I can just pull up the camera (even from at WORK!) and see what is going on at the cat food bowls!  OMG!  You know how much I love reality TV well this is reality TV to the Nth degree!

So, I watch my kitties, make sure Hemingway gets his turn at the food bowl, see them napping on my porch, it's Nirvana for me.

I consider my kitty cam to be entertainment.  Now for my obsession.  The garage.

Did I mention that these cameras are infrared?  That means that they will pick up what is going on during the day time AND what happens even in the DARK!  It's amazing!  My newest obsession though is watching the inside of the garage.  At night.  Like right now.

Do you have any idea what YOUR car does alone in the garage at night?  I do!  And I can't . . . stop . . . WATCHING!

Right now, I see my car.  In my garage.  Sitting there.  Doing nothing.  Amazing.  Freakin' amazing.  This is 100% better than anything that is on cable right now.

Ron should have learned by now not to show me any new fun toys.  I have been known to sit here waaay too long watching my car.  Sit.  In the garage.  THIS is entertainment, people!  I don't know if I honestly expect to see the house ghosts roll the windows up and down on the car (they've done that before, I believe) or see a mouse run across the floor.  I don't really expect to SEE anything happening in there.  But I can't look away!

C.D.O.

You WISH you had an exciting life, like me.

And my car.

In the garage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way you tell us stories from your daily life. Well, could be me. I once couldn't stop watching a "ghost cam" in the internet, although I don't believe in visible ghosts and knew it was all fake. But I couldn't stop. - Well, what about going online with your garage - cat cam? Would be nice watching together...