Monday, March 05, 2012

Everything is Fuzzy

I had hoped to post my lasagna recipe tonight, but it's not going to happen today.

Tonight Ron and I had an exciting date night at the eye doctor!  No worries, nothing happened, it was just time for my exam.  Unfortunately, tonight I had my eyes dilated.  As a diabetic, that's very important.

The good news is that there has been no bleeding inside of my eyes, as that is a common problem with diabetics.  Yeah, that is the good news.  The bad news is that my left eye has some kind of "membrane" in it.  He said the name of this membrane but I'll be darned if I remember it now.

This "membrane" has been known to be caused by bleeds but there is no evidence of that in my eye.  Another thing is I could have been born with it.  Hmm, since no one has ever mentioned this "membrane" before, I'm going to say I wasn't born with it.

He said not to worry about it and we'll just keep an eye on (no pun intended) it.  That's just like telling someone that wall has wet paint.  You KNOW I'm going to touch it to make sure!  So, what, don't worry?  What the heck!  That's all I'm going to do!

Ugh, in the mean time, my eyes are still dilated and I can't see so well.  The recipe blog will have to wait until tomorrow.  And, if there are any spelling errors in this blog, that doesn't count tonight either!

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Oh Ree, this can wait. It just makes me a bit more curious about the recipe. ;o)
At least you are still blogging every day. I didn't manage this yesterday. You know, my job...
I think you need not worry about this membrane. The doctor wouldn't tell you this if it were different. No leedings is really good news!