Sunday, February 28, 2010

TGIMITF!

Thank God I Made It Through Friday!

Last week was not one of my better weeks. I missed almost a half of a week of work due to a bug that got a hold of me hard. I should own some stock in Puffs Plus (thank heavens for that lotion!) but I made it through. I was taking one day at a time to try to make it to the weekend.

Friday finally came and with it came another freakin' blizzard.

I could live the rest of my life without ever getting in another car. I do what I have to do but I don't have to like it. Let me tell you, I am liking it even less in bad weather. I drove white knuckled all the way to work on Friday and that was just during the middle of the blizzard. It continued to snow all day long.

Well, I made it to work, a little late, but I made it. All the way there, I could only think that I was going to have to do it again at the end of the day. Holy crap, how was I going to get home?

Then it hit me. Why do I have to go home? I took a hot pocket to work with me for lunch. There are four boxes of Wheat Thins as well as some Pop Tarts in the snack cupboard (hey, we LIKE our afternoon snacks!), I had three bottles of Diet Pepsi in the fridge and there was more tea than I could possibly drink. I had my book and I had an Internet connection. For real, why would I have to go home? I could just spend the weekend at the office and just be the first one at work on Monday.

Who needs clean underwear or a toothbrush? For real!

My brother, I mean my boss, came through for me. He gave me a ride home Friday so I could have my eyes closed for most of the ride home and just pretend I was anywhere but in a car. Thanks, my brother!

Ron and I grabbed a couple of shovels this afternoon and headed out to break my car out of what I expected was a snow pile. While the snow plow driver did plow the parking lot around my car, once we got my car brushed off, I was able to get out of the spot without shoveling. Bonus!

So, I made it through Friday and now I'm getting ready to start it all over again. I'm finally feeling like a human being so things are definitely looking up!

I can't wait until I start bitching that it's too hot out there!

No comments: