Sunday, February 21, 2010

So, What's New?

I came down with something Thursday night. I had a horrible night and Friday was no better.

I got up Saturday feeling a little better, but still nothing to write home about. The weather finally had warmed up a little bit, so Ron and I went out to get a little taste of over freezing temperatures. We headed to one of our favorite spots, Lakeview Park.

As you can see from these pictures,


the weather finally felt a lot better than it looked. The sun was shining bright, and while the snow and the frozen lake is still a good reminder that we are still in winter, it was a good day to be outside for a change. We took our little ride and then came home to rest up.

About a month ago, our neighbor sold us a couple of tickets to a benefit dinner being held for a friend of his. The man had passed away from cancer leaving a wife and small children behind. Never ones to say no to a good cause, Ron and I scooped up a couple of tickets and decided last night to at least go for the dinner since we paid for it already.

We went in and walked around a little looking at the prizes for the Chinese auction. Hey, I am a sucker for a good Chinese auction!! Since I've never had a mani-pedi in my life, I put a BUNCH of tickets in on that one! One ticket went into the Harley Davidson lamp with promises from Ron that we wouldn't to display it in the living room, a basket of chocolate, some jewelry (that I never wear!) and assorted other stuff. They had a good array of gifts and I thought I placed my tickets wisely. So far, I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming I didn't win anything. Oh well, it was fun to play!

The tables were all set for eight people. We chose a table that already had a couple seated, who were around our age, maybe a little older. They said that another couple was with them, but we were welcome to join as well. I gotta tell you, we picked a great table! By the end of the night, we had eight people at our table and we had a ball!

The food was fantastic (luckily my stomach calmed down by now and I totally got to enjoy dinner) with some pulled pork, lemon chicken, ravioli with meatballs, Italian wedding soup, rice and beans, pasta salad, tossed salad, scalloped potatoes and I'm sure a bunch of other things I just can't remember now. Everything was truly delicious and made by friends of the family. There are some great cooks in this town!

A DJ was playing and people were up dancing and having a good time. Our ticket into the festivities got you four drinks as well from the bar. I'm telling you, we got our money's worth and I sure hope they made some money off of this benefit. They did a great job putting it together, for sure.

Unfortunately, you know you're old when I finally said to Ron "we need to go, it's getting too loud in here for me!" Yeah, I'm getting old.

We came home, my ears were ringing and I had lost my voice again from trying to talk to the people at our table and be heard about the noise of the DJ. Loud is one thing but this was crazy loud.

Maybe I over did it a bit by going last night, since I feel good for nothing today. So, I am planning a nice lazy day today. I've already thrown a bunch of stuff in the crock pot that we're going to call dinner and I'm staying in my jammies today.

It's been a pretty good weekend. Now a day of rest and we start all over again tomorrow.

No comments: