Saturday, November 07, 2009

Where Were Those Wild Things?

Where the Wild Things Are. It's a movie. It's one dumb ass movie.

Ron and I had date night tonight. We did an early movie, see link above, and then went to dinner.

The movie is supposedly adapted from a children's book. I thought I was a half way intelligent adult and I happen to enjoy quite a few "children's" movies. This should have been a slam dunk.

Can someone please explain this waste of celluloid to me? If you haven't seen it; don't. But in case you still want to, I won't say too much to give away any plot lines (as if there were any). I want you to be able to hate this movie on your own without too much influence from me.

For real. What did I get out of this movie? Here is what I saw:

When you have a fight with your Mom, run away from home and tell lies to everyone. That will make all in your world all right until you finally get back home and your Mom falls asleep on the kitchen table.

The freakin' end.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Yep, that is what I saw too. Only you have to throw a tantrum first.