Sunday, November 08, 2009

That's Just Wrong, Page 20

Recently, Ron took me to dinner to one of our new regular places. We had a nice dinner and when the bill came, Ron took out his credit card.

Neither of us sign the backs of our credit cards as we want to be asked for ID. Ron even goes as far as to write on the back of his card "check ID". When Ron pulls out his credit card, he always pulls out his driver's license as well and submits them together.

The waitress brought the bill back with the credit card and driver's license on the tray and the bill to be signed on top of plastic. As Ron grabbed the bill to sign it, for some reason, I grabbed his license and his credit card. Don't ask me why, but I was just looking over his plastic while he figured out the tip and signed the bill.

One thing stood out on his driver's license. It lists his eyes as . . . . GREEN.

Hello?? How many times have I talked about Ron's baby blue eyes? I tell him all the time that all he has to do is bat those baby blues and he can have just about anything he wants. I pointed out that his license can't be correct stating that he had green eyes! How could he NOT have noticed this before?

Very calmly, Ron informed me that the reason the license stated green eyes was because he HAS green eyes. WTF?

Granted, I am color blind but I have lived with this man for over six years and knew him a few years before that! How could I NOT know what color his eyes were?

My second reaction after the initial shock wore off was to ask him why in the hell in the last six years he couldn't mention that I had his eye color wrong! He shrugged and just said "eh, it wasn't important".

I am at a loss. How can I not know the color of the eyes I look into every single day?

I am so sorry, honey. Color blind or not, that's just wrong.

No comments: