Saturday, August 01, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad


Wednesday would have been my Dad's 85th birthday. In honor of Dad, we celebrated his life with visits from my brothers Jim and Mike and of course, the three of us here. I think a good time was had by all!

When this clan gets together, it can get a little goofy. For example, this is what happens when you let your brother Mike play with your camera! Here's looking at you, baby!


Jim actually smiled for the camera!
Even Phil found a smile for the day!



Ron was in charge of the grill. We had enough hot dogs and hamburgers to almost feed the neighborhood!


Add that to the roast I did in the crockpot, and there was truly too much food for the five of us. Everyone got to go home with left overs.



And, before you ask, I had defrosted the roast on Saturday for Sunday's dinner, forgetting that we had plans to go out. Ok, fine, it would hold until Monday. Well, change of plans; we got free tickets to the Lake Erie Crusher's game! Bonus! So, now the roast was held over to Tuesday and I HAD to cook it already. Hey, no one was complaining and we ended up with an eclectic mix of food. And, it turned out to be one of the best roasts I ever made!

Two brothers, enjoying dinner.


Mike and I trying to show Ron some love at the table. I know, we're just so not right. Look out, Jerry Springer! We're ready to be booked on an episode or two!


As for the food, we also had some corn and I cut up some fresh fruit as well.











When all was said and done, we lit the candles for Dad, and Phil being the closest to 85 got to blow them out. And, as far as I could see, there was no extra spit on the cake and he got all of them in one blow. Way to go, brother!


Thanks to everyone for coming over and enjoying the dinner and family time.

I miss you, Dad. Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gathering was a success and enjoyed by all. Thanks for putting on such a good feast.

Big Bro Phil

Mati said...

Ok, Phil, please...TURN OFF THOSE SHORTS!