Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Walgreens Update, Finally!

About a month ago, I posted about a trip to Walgreens where they wouldn't sell Ron cigarettes on a credit card without Ron buying an additional item on the credit card.

It took a month, but I finally got a response this morning!

The manager of the store called me. He asked me to tell him the story again, so I repeated it to him. There is a link to the previous story above if you need a refresher on the story.

Marty, the manager, assured me that this was NOT a policy at the store and the cashier was incorrect. I told him that at least two employees attested to the fact that an additional item had to be purchased if he was using a credit card. Marty was floored.

He was very apologetic, especially for the fact that it took a month for this issue to hit his desk. He offered to make it right with me, but I told him that I was just ticked off that night and wanted him to know he let a $50 sale walk out the door. As I told him, I still love the store, it's right in the neighborhood, we still shop there regularly and they absolutely have the best milk prices around.

I'm glad he finally called though as I just wanted to make sure he heard my complaint. He is supposed to be addressing it with his staff so I'm jiggy with it.

No comments: