Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's $5.39 Cold

It's cold out there. It's damn cold.

When the temperature drops to a certain level, it really doesn't matter the number you put to it. Is 14 degrees really any better than 12 degrees? No. They are both just damn cold.

That's how I judge the weather now. It's damn hot, hot, warm, cool, cold and damn cold. Today I came up with a new name for weather. Today was $5.39 cold!

I had to stop to put gas in my car on my way home from work. When I gas up, I always fill the tank. I might not like it, but I fill it. A tank of gas for my car usually runs between $40 and $45, depending on the gas prices.

Today, I was standing out there filling my car and I stopped the pump. I was just too freakin' cold to stand out there and wait for the gas to fill my car!

Yes, it was $5.39 cold out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YA KNOW......
When the temperature gets to be either "Frickin Cold, or $5.39 cold, the gas stations should set up a drive thru bay which is an enclosed bay with garage doors so that even though it is cold, you could be out of the wind and elements to be able to fill up your vehicle. They would get more fill ups and at least you could be filling up out of the wind.

Anonymous said...

Next time try to tell the attendant at the gas station you are handicapped. And doesn't "Frickin Cold" come under that heading?
The stations are supposed to help the handicapped!