Monday, February 13, 2006

I Have Luggage!

It's been a really long day. My luggage finally arrived just after 7:30 p.m. We had just returned from dinner and I was checking at the front desk for my bag. After being told there were no deliveries, I waited for my boss to get in the building from parking the car. As I was waiting, the messenger arrive with my bag!!

As far as I can tell, all of my underwear, pantyhose, clothes, CDs, and most dear to my heart right now....my COAT, were present and accounted for! The regional jets I take from here to there have such limited storage space, it sounded like such a good idea to me to pack my coat, thus freeing up some room and saving me from lugging my coat around. I may need to rethink that.

We went to a great place for dinner called Joy Yee's Noodles. This has quickly become one of our favorite places here. The menu includes pictures of every dish. http://www.joyyee.com Anyway, after dinner I got my fortune cookie.

The cookie states: your luck has completely changed today

Listen, after the luck I'm having, I need to take this fortune cookie seriously. After dinner, we headed to a local grocery store so that I could buy my Diet Pepsi for the hotel room. As long as I was there, I saw a lottery machine. I took my change from my DP and walked over to the lottery person. I asked for $3.00 on the Mega Million, my boss snickering behind me. I told him though. I said when one of my tickets wins on Tuesday, I am outta here first thing Wednesday. He said good luck. I don't think he meant it.

From buying the lottery tickets to my bag being delivered while I was waiting downstairs. It's starting to look up.

Right now, I have taken a couple of aspirin for the pounding headache I developed today. I'm going to take a long hot shower and go to bed. Keep your collective fingers crossed on the lottery drawing tomorrow. I'll remember all of you when I'm rich and famous!

I love my job. Especially the traveling part.

No comments: