Sunday, December 06, 2015

I Usually Want to Know You Better Before I Want to Hit You!

I stopped at Giant Eagle the other night after work.  I really was daydreaming or something that day, because I sure wasn't paying attention to what I was doing or where I was going.

I walked aimlessly up and down the aisles to buy two things, cereal and fabric softener.  Yeah, some times that's just how my mind works.  I went to walk into a check out line and seriously, I was NOT paying attention.  I ran right into the woman standing at the check out, signing the little gadget where she ran her credit card.

She looked back at me shocked!  Her husband, that was standing right in front of her, looked at me with the weirdest look on his face.  I am hoping it was just shock as well.  I mean for real.  There was NO reason I ran into this poor woman with my shopping cart.  It was ALL my fault and it was solely because I was not paying attention.

Without missing a beat, I said "DAMN!  I usually know a person better before I want to hit them!  I'm usually really nice to strangers!"

Ugh.  I did apologize after that and luckily the nice couple understood that I was joking.  She accepted my apology, we all laughed and they went on their way.  The poor cashier could barely look at me without cracking up.

I am sorry.  I know I didn't hit her hard, I just nudged her with the shopping cart but still.  I should have been paying attention.  I hope I at least made them laugh about this story when they retold it.  Either that or they headed right to the police station to put out a restraining order.

Yeah, that one could have gone either way.

No comments: