Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Can You Spell Irony?

We are ever changing beings.

I am not the same woman I was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago.  Hell, I'm probably not the same woman I was yesterday.  Our experiences and lessons we learn in life change us.

Let's talk spiders. 

I have never been a fan of spiders.  I never met a spider I didn't want to kill.  Shoes, hammers, brothers, boyfriends, Dad, Raid, I used ever weapon in my arsenal to kill them.  But I have been changing.  I think the cats did it to me.  I no longer insist on the death and/or dismemberment of every spider I see.

At work, about a week ago I saw a HUGE spider.  This thing was almost as big as a half dollar!  It was on the wall, down the hall.  I stopped to look at him and had a discussion with him that as long as he stayed on that side of the building, we'd be fine.

Today I walked out of my office, there it was on the floor outside of my office!  Holy crap!  It was either the same huge black ugly spider or it was his twin brother.  I'll sleep better tonight thinking it's the same one and there aren't two of them in the building.

But I'm not the same woman I used to be.  I evolved.  I don't take killing lightly, even a spider.

I grabbed a napkin, picked up the spider and walked him outside.  I placed him in a nice bush and then shook the heebie jeebies out of my skin at the thought of gently carrying a spider on top of a napkin.  I wish him a long healthy life living in or around that bush.

When I went back into my office I called my exterminator.  It's time for the fall spraying of my house for . . .  spiders!

Yes, I see the irony in that.

I supposed I'm not totally evolved yet.  I am a work in progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ree!

Unknown said...

Thank YOU!

Love your guts!!