Thursday, March 14, 2013

Rocky Update

A couple of posts ago, I told you about one of my outside cats, Rocky, getting stuck in my garage for a few days!  Well, in case anyone was worried about my Rocky, I wanted to make sure y'all knew that he is alive and well and back on my front porch!

I think Rocky has learned his lesson.  He's not running up to me in the garage any more when I come home.  Now, he waits safely on the front porch for me to come out there with the food.  He still comes to say hello to me and he still wants his petting and loving from me.  That's a good thing!  He just learned to stay away from the garage! 

He's really a sweet and loving cat!  But I still think he's had a rough first year of life.

Here is Rocky's face.  If you look at his right eye, on the left of the screen, the bottom of his eye has a big black spot.  It's been there since I've met Rocky.  At first I thought he had a bruise, but it never went away. 


That's his partner at the bowl with him.  She's a female about the same age as Rocky.  I've tried calling her Adrienne, but it really doesn't fit her and it doesn't just come out easily when I see her.  She's a pretty girl but much more shy.  She comes out when I have food, but she will not get close enough to touch me or let me touch her.  They are always together and rarely seen separately.  That should have been my first clue that there was a problem when she was at the food bowls with no Rocky!

And, here is Rocky's tail!  Again, to ME it looks like it's been broken at one time.  He doesn't seem to have any problems with it now, and that might just be the way his tail is.  I have run my hand all down his tail and he never flinched.  He seems to move it ok and he doesn't seem to be in pain.  I am hoping it looks worse that it really is for him.







There are actually two bends in his tail.  The one closer to his butt looks a lot worse, but there is a smaller bend a few inches in from the tip.

Rocky and . . . Adrienne for lack of a better name for her!  This was dinner time for them after I got home from work yesterday, so it was very difficult to get them both looking at the camera at the same time!


So there you go.  He is alive and well and living free on my front porch!  Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the story turned out such good! O dear, the tail... but I also think that this isn't dangerous. He's a cute little cat!