Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And Back To The World Of Bad Politics

Just an update on the world of bad politics in Lorain.

Last Monday, Mr. Goldberg called me to give me an update. Per Mr. Goldberg, bids have come in on the demolition of the burned out house across the street and one of the bids has been accepted by the City of Lorain.

The next step is that the City of Lorain will issue a purchase order then a 10 day notice will go out to the EPA or for the EPA, I forget which, and then after the 10 days the demolition can start. Hopefully in 20 to 30 days from last Monday, the house should be coming down.

Lisa did a little digging and found the minutes from the Board of Control meeting corroborating Mr. Goldberg's phone call. You can see Lisa's blog here.

I can do a whole blog on "Board of Control". And, perhaps I need to. Ridiculous that TWO people can sit down and make such decisions is ridiculous. Enough about that for now.

So, to reiterate, the house should be coming down within 30 days. Regardless of what Mr. Goldberg says and regardless what the Board of Control says, I say I'll believe it when I see it.

4 comments:

Mark said...

There was a lot of stuff written and research done on the Board of Control under a previous Mayor (on a now defunct blog), and his circumvention of Council, by approving invoices and expenditures up to just under the limit that the Board was allowed to approve. It was so blatant that it was sickening.

Way to stay up on this.

Lisa said...

Is the house by you still secure? I went by the one on 10th today and it was definitely missing some boards in places where it would be easy to get in. So much for the padlocked back door.

That now defunct blog that Mark refers to is how I found your blog. They had listed you in their blogroll because you are a Lorain blogger.

Unknown said...

I had no idea about the blog until you told me about it AFTER we met! So much have I learned from you! :)

I went around the house this morning and all seems secure. The plywood is in place of that back door and all the windows look the same. I didn't go and try any of them though.

Perhaps we should call Mr. Goldberg to get the house re-secured!

Lisa said...

I'm going to go by there again tomorrow and make sure I saw what I thought I saw. A lot of the boards @ 10th are black from all the fires they set there and from the road it can appear there the window is open.