Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Plethora Of Dead Rodents

Ok, I don't know if two dead rodents really qualify for a "plethora" but when it's my blog, I reserve the right to some poetic license!

About a week ago, I left the house in the morning to head to work. The garage is detached from the house, and the area to the left of the garage, which is behind the house, is the parking pad for the guys.

As I was walking back to the garage to get into my car, I looked to my left and on the parking pad behind where the guys park, I saw something. I honestly said to myself, "self, that leaf over there looks like a mouse. You better go look!"

That's the last time I listen to my self.

Sure enough, I walked up to what I thought was the leaf and yes, it was a dead mouse. UGH! Without going into too much detail, this damn mouse did not die of natural causes. There was definitely evidence of cat intervention. Or maybe werewolf. Something like that.

I did what I do best: As soon as I got in the car, I called Ron who was in the house and told him about my latest nightmare. As always, he told me to not worry about it, he'd take care of it. And, that's exactly what he did. I don't need to know any more about this!

Thank you, honey!

Although, Ron did mention that since I used to feed the neighborhood cats in front of my garage, perhaps this was a "gift" from one of the local cats, hinting that they would like me to open up the feed bag again. I kinda slacked off once the cold weather went away. My bad, sorry.

Now we come to Monday morning, going to work. I am just down the road from work. I am driving, minding my own business, when what do I see out of my left eye? A kamikaze squirrel! Holy crap, he was headed straight for ME!

I did what I could, but I hit him any way. Ugh, I can't believe that a little one pound squirrel could be felt going under the wheel of a Honda Accord. Who knew? Not only did I feel the bump, but I could hear his little bones. Eww, I can still hear it in my head!

Before you think that maybe I just winged him, I did look behind me and trust me, that squirrel was done cracking nuts. Not a good way to start any day, let alone a Monday.

So I hope this is the end of my dead rodent streak. Alive or dead - I'd prefer they just stay far, far away from me.

No comments: