Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Freakin' Rodent - I Think

I'm telling you, they are following me around!

This morning at work, Mike and I were in his office discussing the upcoming day when all of a sudden . . . BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Something was running across the tin roof of the building, right over our heads! To be honest, it sounded like the size of an elephant at least!

Mike and I went running outside to see what we could see. We went over to the corner of the building where the sound seemed to be going. I walked back towards the road, to get a far away look at that roof, afraid of getting to close to anything jumping off of the roof! Mike stayed closer to the building. I am not stupid! I'll see if he gets bitten first! Since he seemed safe, I finally walked closer to the building.

As we went around to the side of the building, suddenly again, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM SCREECH BOOM BOOM SCREECH SCREECH BOOM BOOM BOOM. The critter was definitely inside the building, running across the eaves. You could see the eaves bouncing with every step that thing made. I'm not sure what the screeching was about but holy crap, someone was not having a good day.

A few months back we had a possum nesting up in the rafters or drop ceiling or whatever. I guess before the possum, there was a raccoon up there. My uneducated opinion is that it's a raccoon just because for as much as the eaves were bouncing from the weight of whatever running up there, it seemed to be a lot bigger than a squirrel.

I know one of the drop ceiling tiles in my office is missing. I already warned Mike that if some creature drops out of my ceiling and into my office, I'm outta there! I was not comforted when Mike said that it would be his dust I was eating on the way out of the office if that happened! I feel so safe now!

Stay tuned. I'm on my way to plethora for sure.

No comments: