Saturday, June 20, 2009

Game Night

Anyone that knows me knows that I love games. I love card games, board games and heaven knows I love computer games, especially Pogo! But, I digress.

Tonight after dinner, Ron and I made a trip to Target. We were just putzing for the evening, no real shopping mission in mind. I do like to walk through the seasonal section, just because. I usually never buy anything, but I like to look!

What we saw first was some hula hoops. Hey, in Wii Fit, I am a champ at the hula hoop, even at expert level. I can do this! So in the middle of Target in front of anyone that wanted to watch, I hula hooped. Well, I tried anyway. I have come to find out that in real life I suck at hula hooping! But at least there are a handful of shoppers and who ever was manning the ceiling cameras that at least good a good story to tell people after watching me tonight.

Target was having a sale on bocce balls! The game of bocce is also called lawn bowling. Sort of a cross between shuffleboard and curling. We don't have the levelest of lawns, but with our new bocce set, Ron and I hit the yard and played a couple of games of bocce.

Ron kicked my ass for both games we played, only because after two games it got too dark to see any of the balls! But again, we were entertainment for the neighbors. I knew one house of neighbors was watching us, but then another neighbor yelled out his window asking us about the game. Yes, whether hula hooping or playing bocce, we are entertaining!

So, we have started to practice. We will take on all challengers. If nothing else, it is a great way to spend an evening.

Tomorrow we plan on going to Lakeview Park. They actually have a bocce court there and we want to take advantage of a really flat surface. We enjoy the wonders of all of Lakeview Park, some of which will be featured in the next blog.

No comments: