Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't Look At Me!

Don't look at me! Yeah, this is what most people do when a camera comes out! Ron's son, Vince, was no exception!

Today was his last day with us, and I pulled out the camera. Here's what I got.

Today was a hard day. You don't want to start too much or go anywhere. You're just waiting for the time to go to the airport.

While waiting, the guys decided to watch a movie this morning. Since I now knew I had to be more clandestine in my picture taking, I had the camera hidden in my hand and took it as I walked by! Clever, huh? Sometimes being a little sly helps!

Finally, we headed out. We left a little early to hit the same restaurant we hit when Vince came to town. Cap'n Taco! I didn't want to send him home on an empty stomach and what better to eat before you fly? Tacos! Ok, maybe I didn't think that one through as well as I thought I did.

Before we went for tacos, I did get the the two of them to stand up together and pose for a picture. A little whining on my part went a long way.


After tacos we were heading to the airport. For a little fun for all of us we decided to park at the Park 'n Ride and take the train to the airport! (Ok some ideas I still take from brother Michael!) This was my favorite part of the day. Plus, you're spared the hurried hugs and goodbyes at the terminal and have time right at the airport to say the farewells. Since the guys didn't know I had the camera on me, I actually got a picture with both of them smiling!

It was a fast right from the Park 'n Ride to the airport, but we made the best of it. This way we were able to wait with Vince while he checked in and then watched him go through security.

I gotta tell you, it was a fast week. Unfortunately, Ron ended up sick through most of his vacation so the guys didn't get done as much as they'd hoped. Now Ron is feeling better and what sickness had left him has taken root in me.

But we did get to visit some family, and do a some site seeing, played a LOT of Wii and definitely ate our fill.

We just got the call a few minutes ago, and Vince has made it home safe and sound. It was a great visit, and now since Vince has his own key to the house, hopefully he'll feel free to use it again soon!

1 comment:

Mati said...

Hey...I wanna ride on the train! I'm flying in to visit you just so we can take the train. So be ready! Oh, and I'll take a trip to Cap'n Taco too!