Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Actually Won An Argument!

The argument was with two men, in a parking lot. Unfortunately, it wasn't with the two men I live with!

Tuesday was my big out day. I went out all by myself! No driver assistance. C'mon now, once in awhile, a gal has to break free.

First stop, post office. Ok, I only stalled out my car once. I guess I'm not so used to that clutch anymore. Second stop, K-mart. I know, I know, this IS an exciting life!

I walked around K-mart, just trying to enjoy some alone time. I looked at this and that, and even picked up a few things. A few of my purchases was some storage totes. I guess I'm trying to make some order in my life. Nothing says order like Rubbermaid.

I had two 21-gallon totes, plus a smaller tote and a few sundry items. I was in the parking lot trying to put my stuff in the trunk of my car. The trunk in my car is surprisingly large. From the outside, it doesn't look like it would be.

I have my cart, my trunk is open, and I'm trying to do most of this stuff one handed which wasn't working. Two "gentlemen" were walking through the parking lot and both of them felt the need to stop and tell me that there was no way those totes were fitting in my trunk. I said, "really?" Both kinda chuckled that chuckle I've heard before. The "I'm going to humor her until she fails" chuckle.

I don't have much in my trunk, but I did have one item that was getting in my way. I pushed it back a bit, grabbed the totes with two hands, and they both went into the trunk, straight up. The rest of the stuff was nothing with most of it fitting into the totes.

I looked at the two guys and said something like "I guess it's going to fit" and I closed my trunk and went to put my cart in the corral. I got a few dirty looks from them, but no apologies or atta girls or anything. It's ok, I did my happy dance back to my car, proud of myself for going out alone and for fitting all that into my trunk!

I also did a happy dance in my driver's seat all the way home. I unloaded my car, then pulled my car into the garage. I thought it was a good day.

Ron and I were going to go out for lunch today and I said let's take my car! When we went into the garage, we saw that the trunk was wide open.

I know from experience that leaving your trunk open will run down the battery of the car because of that darn little light in the trunk. Sure enough, there wasn't enough power in that car to unlock the doors with the clicker!

Moral of the story is that I might not be smart enough to close the lid on my trunk, but I WAS smart enough to win an argument with two men! So there!

1 comment:

Mati said...

Go you, g/f! That will teach them to think they're smarter than you!