Sunday, February 08, 2009

Get Your Motor Runnin'

Head out on the highway! Lookin' for adventure, and what ever comes our way!

Can you see me? Born to be wild?

Saturday, the local Harley Davidson dealership had a party. We love parties, so we went. Hey, any excuse for free hot dogs and beer, plus plenty of Harleys.

When we pulled into the parking lot, Ron said to me that he's only looking, he is not buying. I, however, made no such promise.

We went into the Harley dealership, had our hot dogs and beer and met a nice salesman named Joe. We talked, we walked around, and I think I fell in love. Can you just see me on this bike? C'mon now, it's ME!

Ron was fond of a few touring bikes, but this one had my name all over it. My new buddy Joe and I are in discussions regarding formal lessons. Before I spend this kind of money, I should be able to drive one of these things.

As a side note, I did drive one once, but it was MANY years ago and it was after MANY beers, so it was something I definitely should not have been doing at the time. But, I digress.
We continued to walk around, checking out the new bikes and the used bikes and talking about signing up for lessons.

We were at the dealership towards the end of the party. As time got closer to closing time, a handful of the Harley employees started moving a few of the bikes away from the front of the showroom. Another employee started sweeping the floor. Dang, that's one way to get people out! Start working! But, no, that wasn't it.

We watched two more employees struggle to move an arch from the service area to the showroom. This arch was adorned with orange and black bows (Harley colors) and some little piggies (HOGS, get it??!!). There was to be a wedding in the showroom! Hello? Who doesn't love a Harley, but c'mon now!

We didn't stay to crash the wedding, as we weren't dressed properly. Well, Ron did have his leather jacket on, but we had no other Harley regalia with us. We finished our beer, talked again with Joe, and we left. For now.

Like a true nature's child, I was born, born to be wild!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With JoBeth, Brad and I all now having motorcycle licenses, we could start a motorcycle gang.

Mati said...

Ok, I'm not gonna be the one that says it...but you know what I'm thinking!

What I will say is "BE CAREFUL, BABY"...you could be in for a bumpy ride!