Friday, March 21, 2008

Score One For The Little Guys

The other day I was coming home from work, and for once, the police were in the right spot at the right time!

Obviously, that means I wasn't the one that was speeding.

Just about every day, I am on this four lane road. I'm not sure if you'd classify it as a highway as the speed limit is only 35 mph on this road. It's sort of rural/residential/farm land/commercial. Yeah, a little bit of everything. What it is though, is a well traveled piece of road that goes from two lanes to four lanes and then back to two lanes.

As I was heading home, just after it went from two lanes to four lanes, some idiot in a big black Ford SUV came flying down the road. There is a good amount of traffic on this road, and to be honest, we were all going between 40 and 45 mph. This SUV had to be going 80 easily as he dodged back and forth between lanes zooming in and out between all of the traffic; he passed me like I was standing still. A real idiot, if I do say so myself. It's one thing to drive too fast, but by him just being an idiot, he truly did put all of our lives in danger with the erratic behavior.

Lo and behold, a few short miles down the road, I see flashing red and blue lights. The traffic from the right lane is moving into the left lane. Sure enough, a State Police officer had his idiot pulled over and the officer was just making his way to the guy's window.

What did I do to show this officer my appreciation for keeping us all safe and for showing this scofflaw that this behavior will not be tolerated? I rolled down my window, stuck my left arm out, waved at the scofflaw and laid on my horn like like no one's business of course!

Thanks to the Ohio State Police for once, being in the right place at the right time. You made my day!

1 comment:

Jim's Blog said...

Every now and then they do get it right! And you do get a sense of justice.