Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No, I Did Not Pee My Pants

Yes, the backside of my pants is wet as I type this, but no, I did not pee myself.

My car has had a bad odor for the past week, sort of like spoiled milk. I took it to my neighborhood detailers yesterday for them to give the car a good inside detailing. This includes shampooing the carpets and floor mats, shampooing the seats, getting into all the nooks and crannies with the armor all or some similar product. And, it comes back smelling like a new car to boot! Bonus all around.

Ron and I dropped the car off Sunday night. The fact that I could reach into the key drop and pick my key right back up again didn't scare me in the least. Ok, yeah, I had my speech ready to give to the police to explain my stolen car, but I digress. The shop did call me yesterday afternoon to say that the car was ready and they closed at five. As if I needed an excuse to leave work early, Ron picked me up before 4:00 to make sure we got to the shop by 5:00.

The guy explained that the windows were open in my car and I should leave them open for the night to facilitate the carpets and seats drying. My floor mats are in the trunk and as soon as the carpets were completely dry, I could feel free to return them to the car. There was a plastic mat on the floor and a plastic covering over the driver's seat. It's a good thing I didn't have to drive far as I was having a heck of a time staying on the seat covered in plastic! But, I did manage to get the car home in one piece and into the garage for the night. I left the windows open a couple of inches and then took out the plastic covers in the car and threw them out. By morning, I was confident that all would be dry in my world.

Well, the weather didn't cooperate. We are having flash flood warnings all over the area due to the excessive rain. But, my car was in a garage which believe it or not does not have a leaking roof so maybe I'd get lucky and the car would be dry. I didn't take the time to put the floor mats back in. As a matter of fact, all I grabbed was my toll card so that I could get on the turnpike. I didn't even grab my garage door opener, so I had to get out of my car in the pouring rain to shut the garage door! (Hey honey! If you're reading this, how about popping that door open for me when I get home tonight!! Yes, I am spoiled!)

So, I'm in my car, windows are shut again, and I start my trek to work. The drive takes me 40-45 minutes and I'm not even 10 minutes into it when I feel something funny. Not funny as in ha-ha just funny. Yes, my ass is wet already. I slide a hand under my butt and sure enough, my seat is still very damp which of course means my pants are now very damp. Plus, I'm sure they put something like scotch guard on my seat so now I'm sitting in my office on my leather chair (actually, it's probably vinyl) and all I'm doing is squeaking every time I move on my chair. And my butt is damp. And not in a good way. HA!

In hindsight (no pun intended) it's good to walk into work and the first words out of my mouth were "no, I didn't pee myself!" Yeah, that sure makes them wonder about you for the rest of the day.

No comments: