Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dirty Dozen

Can you believe it's been 12 years?

12 years ago today, I left my hometown of Erie Pennsylvania for what I thought was greener pastures in Houston Texas. I've been thinking a lot about this today.

I was trying to remember back that far. We all have defining moments in our lives, this was definitely one of mine.

I hardly remember the girl that left Erie all of those years ago. I know I left with a dream based on a promise. Both were broken, but that helped make me who I am today.

So here we are, 12 years later. I am no longer in Texas, I am now in Ohio. I am working on new dreams with no empty promises attached. I am smarter now, a little stronger, and a little less naive. I'm scared of what tomorrow will bring, but hopefully I will be strong enough to face it.

That girl that left 12 years ago is definitely gone. Here's to the new and improved (?) model.

3 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

OMG! Does that mean you are becoming a GRUP? Kid word for Grown-Up. Are you now officially an adult? Can no longer think the word Christmas and fly out the window with Peter Pan? What's the world coming to?

All kidding aside, I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Maybe some day you'll move back to Erie. We want former residents to return home.

Anonymous said...

Boy, the world does change around oneself. But you must remember, no matter what happens, We still think of you as our BABY SISTER. The big change is you no longer believe you are the baby!