Friday, August 01, 2014

That's Just Wrong, Page 31

At long last, another fine page that is going in my future book titled "That's Just Wrong"!  And believe it or not, I'm the subject of this page!

Here's what happened a few weeks ago.  I know, I'm behind on blogging.

It was Sunday.  An ordinary Sunday.  I was putzing around most of the day, I was on and off of my phone, talking, texting, playing games, the usual stuff.  The phone was also in and out of the docking station. The cover I have for my phone is not so compatible with my docking station.  I have to take my phone out of the cover to put it in the docking station, then the cover goes right back on when it's out of the docking station.  All I'm saying is that my phone was getting handled a lot that day.

In the late evening, I realized that some of the sounds quit working on my phone.  I had a phone call come in but the phone never rang.  It vibrated but it didn't ring.  My phone is set to vibrate every time it rings.  Then I started playing games on my phone and again, most of the gaming sounds wasn't working.  What the heck?

I have a smart phone and to say it's smarter than I am is an understatement.  But, I did what I could, looking in the settings of the games, and the settings of the phone itself.  I couldn't see anything out of line so I did what I do best . . . I rebooted the phone.

It didn't fix the problem.

I took the phone to a higher authority, my brother Mike.  The first thing at work on Monday, I told him about the phone and I told him what I did.   Mike took over the phone and checked the settings in the games, the settings of the phone itself, and then rebooted my phone.  Duh!  Same things I had done!  Still, nothing.

Mike suggested I make an appointment with Apple's tech support and take my phone in and have them look at it.  Since it IS a work phone, I really need my phone to work.  As much as I hate Crocker Park, I thought this problem was important enough to make me go there.

Some time during the day, I got online to find the phone number for the Apple store to make me an appointment.  While on their website, I saw you could get technical support online as well.  I thought that sounded like a great thing for me!

I started a chat session with technical support, and the first thing I did was warn them that I had no idea what I was doing and really didn't know much about my damn phone.  I told him the problems, and he asked what I had already done to fix the problem.  From there, he had me look at a few things to make sure everything was as it should be.

Then he asked if I had checked the mute button.  Once he said that, I looked at the side of the phone where the mute button is and shared with tech support that indeed the red line was showing.  That was a good thing, right?  WRONG!  I had my damn phone on mute which is why most of my sounds were not working!

You wanna talk about being an idiot?  That would be ME.  Who else calls tech support to be told to take their phone off of mute?!!  C'mon now, That's Just Wrong!!

No comments: