Sunday, June 22, 2014

WalMart

I was at WalMart in Lorain yesterday afternoon.

The lines were ridiculous!  Only five lanes open and in each one, the lines were so long that the cross aisle was blocked to people trying to get from one end of the store to the other.  This was Saturday afternoon for crying out loud!

My friend Lynn had been in the same situation at WalMart recently.  She used her phone to call customer service, told them about the lines, and WalMart actually remedied the problem.  I thought that was a great idea!

Gotta love a smart phone!

In line with my one item, I looked up WalMart's phone number and called them.  I told the woman in customer service that I was one of her customers stuck in a long line at the registers.  I said that it would be a huge help if she could get someone to open up more lines since the lines were now 10 people long.  She said she would pass that along.

A supervisor came walking over a few minutes later, looked over the lines, helped bag a few items for a few cashiers and then did nothing but watch.  Seriously?  Nice customer service!

When it was finally my turn to check out with my one item, I saw this sign next to the register.


I wasn't thinking of blogging on this subject so I didn't get the whole sign.  To the left of the sign was a picture of the store manager, Mr. Christmas.  (I don't remember his first name, Robert maybe?)  I thought what a great idea!  I took the picture so I had the phone number and as soon as I got to my car, I called to talk to the actual store manager about how I was NOT satisfied with my shopping experience.

As soon as I got to my car, I called.  Unfortunately, it ended up that the number I called was the same number I called from line.  It's my guess that customer service suddenly suffered from a case of Caller ID-itis and wouldn't answer the phone.

Thanks for taking my call, Mr. Manager.  I'll keep that in mind next time I'm willing to spend some money.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how I hate these big supermarkets. It everywhere the same! No service at all! I'm so sad about our village shop that closed it doors about 4 years ago. There was an owner, who cared for his customers, not a manager...