Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Lauged, I Cried, I Wanted More!

What a weekend!

My friends Ruth and Jeff came to town for the weekend.  We had a great time!

There was a lot of laughs, a few tears, lots of hugs and good food.  I don't know what more you could ask for.  You see, we have known each other for more years than I'd like to admit.  We've been through it all together: births, weddings, break ups and deaths.  We have always laughed together and cried together.  That's the thing about really good friends - you don't need to see each other every day or talk every day.  But when you DO get together, it's like you were never apart.

We really didn't do touristy stuff this trip.  This trip was all about relaxing, catching up and of course laughing.  We did take a small road trip on Saturday up to Findley State Park up in Wellington to check out their camping facilities for future trips.

The state park was done up right.  They are totally into the Halloween spirit!  There was a little marshy area that was haunted by a few ghosts!


And to make sure you got a better look at the two boaters:


It was way too funny!

Another cool feature of Wellington believe it or not was the ATM machine at the LorMet Credit Union!  As we were driving to the state park, I thought I saw something and I definitely wanted to check it out on the way home.  Now THIS is a drive up ATM machine!




That doggone horse looked real!

Wellington really is a nice little town.  So full of character and that's a good thing!

After all is said and done, I just noticed that I took absolutely no pictures of the four of us!  Nor did I take any pictures of any of the great food I cooked over the weekend.  I just wasn't thinking.

We had a great visit and I stocked up on hugs from my friends.  It was great to see you guys and I miss you already.  I love you both and thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the trip to come out and see us.  Hopefully the next visit will be soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm happy to hear that you had such a good time! YOU DESERVE IT; girl! Really, you deserve it!
Lots of hugs from over here!

Unknown said...

I never say no to hugs!!! Hello my friend!!

Ruth said...

We did have fun!!! You forgot about eating at Pete's and stopping by Mutt & Jeff's for a few beers!!! oh oh!! I'm glad you didn't mention the fact that we got lost trying to get back to our hotel!! That is just one more of our excellent adventures in the life of Ruth and Jeff!! And yes, I did tell you to take a picture of the peppers you made and you forgot!! I am waiting for the recipe too don't forget!!!lol. I miss you already and will make sure we do this again soon!! We love you and you know how much!!!