Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Penelope, 03/29/11 to 04/13/13

My beloved Penelope walked in my door on March 29th, 2011 and my life has never been the same.  She brought me nothing but love and only wanted love in return.  Ok, and food and water and a clean litter box!  But for real, she didn't ask for much.


We went out to dinner last night and when we came home, we found that Penelope had died.  There was no warning.  I just had her to her vet 2 weeks ago for her yearly check up.  I don't know why they gave her a clean bill of health when she died just 2 weeks later.  She did not get into anything here, I don't know what happened.  All I know is that my heart is absolutely broken without my baby girl.

Penelope would wake me up in the morning when she was ready for breakfast.  I know she couldn't tell time so I never got mad when she thought breakfast time was 4 in the morning instead of 6.  Close enough.  Every day we would have our love time.  She needed hugs and kisses and caresses almost as much as I did.

Penelope had been fine all afternoon and spent a good part of it in my lap.  She had come downstairs for supper just as we were getting ready to go out ourselves to dinner.  When we got back a few hours later, she was on her spot on the living room floor. That was her go to spot after she was done eating.  I think she ate, then laid down and just died.  I don't know why.  She was relatively young at about 7 years old, I don't know WHY.

I know my heart is absolutely broken.  I held her little body in my arms for as long as I could, telling her how much I loved her.  I hope she heard me, I hope she knew that.  Everywhere I look I see her.   I see her favorite spots, I see her toys, I feel her in my arms.  I know she was just a cat, but she as well as my other two cats, are as close to children as I will ever have.  I have a hole in my soul and I don't know how to fix this or how to move on.  I am broken and I miss my baby girl more than I thought possible.

Here are just pictures of Penelope, my little love.  She loved me like no one else does.  I miss her kisses and hugs, I miss her love, I miss her.

Penelepe, when she was still an outside cat:


Penelope's first day at home:


Some of my favorite pictures of my baby girl:














My heart is broken.  My soul is broken.  We did NOT have enough time together.  I miss my little girl more than words can say.  I love you, Penelope.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

She had all your love and caring and she also loved you dearly. There is never a comfort when you lose someone beloved. She left you a precious present no one can take away from you: love.
Let me hold you in my arms, my dear friend, just hold you and share your pain.

Unknown said...

Sorry, it's me, Georgia from Germany. I don't know why I am logged in this way...

...thinking of you.

Loraine Ritchey said...

ah Ree I am so so so sorry thinking of you

Mark said...

Sorry to hear, Ree. Losing a pet/family member like this is difficult. Hope you're doin' OK.

Unknown said...

Thanks, all. This has definitely rocked my world and not in a good way. :(