Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Was WAAAY Too Cute!


C'mon now, was I a cutie patootie, or what??

This is me (on the RIGHT) and one of the two dogs we had briefly while I was growing up. This one is Rags. Rags was half sheep dog and half poodle. Hey, somehow it worked. What I remember most about Rags is that when it was time to walk him, he took the rest of the kids for a walk! Seriously, he would drag them from here to there and back again. It was not easy to walk this dog. Well, for me it was! For some reason, he knew there was no way I could keep up with him, so he'd walk like a little old man with me. I could hold the leash with one finger and he'd never get away from me. Dang. How could I go from dog tamer to being so terrified of them now? Go figure!

Anyway, I was going through some old junk the other night and I came across this picture. I remember my t-shirt! This was a hand me down from my sister, Cathie. The front said over and over "sock it to me" from the old Laugh In show. I loved that shirt!

Now here's a segue from this picture to what happened to me today!

I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I do enjoy an Eat 'n Park breakfast buffet now and again. I've been having a hankering for their buffet. I don't know if it's at all Eat 'n Parks, but the one by us only has the buffet on Tuesday and Saturday and then a brunch on Sunday.

So I talked to Ron and Phil and even got them to agree to go to Eat 'n Park for the breakfast buffet this morning. Not much, other than food, would get the three of us out of the house at 7:30 in the morning!

So far, so good. We were all up, dressed and out the door. We even had a great breakfast. And then, the horrible event occurred. The server brought us the bill. She charged us for THREE senior breakfasts! HELLO????

Ok, Phil I can see. (Sorry, brother.) But Ron doesn't exactly look like he's a senior citizen and I sure as heck don't!! In spite of the picture above being taken in 1968 when I was five years old!

Looking back, I guess I wasn't too offended. I did take the discount!

4 comments:

michael said...

i would love to see the picture from the scaffolding on the back of the house!

Mati said...

You were cute! Of course, everyone says we look alike so I must have been gorgeous!

As for the senior discount, it hurts a little in the beginning but it gets easier...especially when you're talking discount!

Jim's Blog said...

LOL< Welcome to the, "GOLDEN BUCKEYE" Hmm, I thought I felt old the first time I got it in Ohio. Did that golden B.B. hurt when ya got hit with it? LOL Welcome to the club.

Favorite Sister said...

You not only WERE cute, you're STILL cute! And your favorite "hand me down" shirt, was once MY favorite shirt! It didn't quite fit you yet, but you stole it from me anyway. Thanks for the reminder of the happy kids, the happy times and the "happy days"!!!