Sunday, August 19, 2007

That’s Just Wrong, Page 11

Tuesday night, Ron and I went for dinner at Ponderosa. Not on A Ponderosa like on the old TV show, just the chain restaurant, Ponderosa. What can I say? I love their salad bar.

We were sitting there, minding our own business, enjoying a nice meal and nice conversation when I kept hearing this clinking/clanging noise. I was looking all around, I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Finally I saw it.

Biker/Cowboy Dude.

I’m going to have nightmares about this, I swear. I think my eyes bled at the sight. Picture this if you will:

Gentleman, over 50 years old, 6’2”, hefty build. Wearing an American Flag do-rag, (with his long stragly braided pony tail hanging out), a Harley Davidson t-shirt, jeans, cowboy boots and SPURS. Yes, you read that right, spurs!

That's what I kept hearing was the spurs clanking!

Ok, the whole biker dude/cowboy thing was hard enough to wrap my mind around, and then it got worse!

Outside, tied to a post, was a three wheeler Harley! That's just wrong on so many levels! A three wheeler? C'mon dude! One of these days you gotta get the training wheels off and move up to a two wheeler.

And, while you're at it, pick a stereotype and run with it. Mix and match just didn't work for ya.

That's just wrong.

1 comment:

Jim's Blog said...

Whoa there missy! Ya all don't know how ornery those iron horses are now ya know. To tame that wild beast, I had to hobble the rear leg just sos I can keep that hog upright on two legs, (wheels). And as to the spurs, sometimes ya just have to kick the pig to get yer hair on fire and smile in the face of oncoming bugs and strain them thru ma teeth.