Monday, July 09, 2007

Made Me Go "Hmm"

I had a few days off last week. Some people call it a vacation, but it was more than that. It was a mental health break. I didn't get much accomplished during my mental health break, but I did do one thing that has been on my list of things to do for about the last six months.

Friday I headed to Best Cuts for a quickie hair cut. I've been growing my hair, so it's not like I needed a "do", I just needed about 2-1/2 to 3 inches whacked off the ends to get rid of those darn dry and dead ends. Easy, right? Should have been a five minute job.

I jumped up into Mario's* chair and told him what I wanted. As he was running the comb through my hair, he immediately said "wow, you could sure use some color". Hey, gray IS a color! His tip was getting smaller and smaller by the minute.

He kept reinforcing in me that they were having a sale. Seven foils for $25.

Um, what is a foil and how do I know if seven of them are too much or not enough? Or, so I need to order three sets for 21? That sounds like a lucky number.

Ok, I was NOT going to admit that I didn't have a clue what the hell he was talking about. Yeah, I stuck with my story: gray IS a color. I'm keeping it.

*Mario's name has been changed because he's an idiot and didn't deserve the publicity of having his name out there to all of my three readers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gray is a color. I happen to like it. Of course, I try to hide my gray hair. But that's me. You know how I am. Can't help it. I am thinking about getting a little wild though. Maybe purple hair? Or that hot pink color? Or even a pale burgandy...yeah, that could be nice. Or maybe I won't. I just can't decide.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, standing up to these stylists. They can not believe that you really know what you want, so they just keep on pestering you to buy something you yourself know that you not only don't want any, but will not change your mind because of his pestering.

Hey, I'm your second reader.
How about that!

Anonymous said...

Third reader says:
I love that line: "Gray IS a color." I wish I had the guts to grow mine out and quit coloring it, but I can't stand the thought of that growing out half n half stage.