Thursday, August 25, 2005

Reality Rules

I have many sicknesses.

One of them is Reality TV. Between that and my DVR I'm telling you I could live my life without ever leaving this room!

I'm not just any reality TV junkie. I am very particular in my viewing. One of my new favorites is this season's hit show, Rock Star: INXS.



This is from the creator of a few of my other favorite shows, Survivor and The Apprentice, Mark Burnett. The premise of Rock Star: INXS is simple. Rock Star: INXS brought together 15 of the best undiscovered rockers to compete to become the new front man/woman for INXS. The winner will cut a new album with the group as well as lead them on a new world tour. Cool, huh? INXS is present for every show, and their decisions are final. The show is hosted by Brooke Burke and Dave Navarro.

Sunday's show is the clinic. INXS and/or Dave Navarro will have exercises for the rockers to help them be their best. From how to dress, to vocal coaches, to song writing. Then, the rockers pick their songs from a list of songs complied by INXS.

Tuesday's show is the concert show. All the rockers rock with The House Band. The best part is after the performances, idiots like me get to vote on who was their favorite rocker!

Wednesday's show is the tough one. From the voting Tuesday night, they announce the three rockers that received the least amount of votes. The bottom three are then given an INXS song they must sing. Out of the three, it is now up to INXS to decide which one goes home. The first few weeks of this show has been absolutely awesome! Great music! Now, it's getting down to it though. After tonight's elimination of Deanna, there are only six rockers left. I can't decide on who my favorite is just yet! I'm rooting for MiG and Marty. I say one of the two of them end up taking it all. Remember, you heard it here first.

I know, I get way too involved in reality TV. I plan my life around this crap for crying out loud! But, what the hell. Their reality is a heck of a lot better than mine!

Rock Star: INXS. I highly recommend it!


No comments: