Saturday, August 27, 2005

Reality Bites

My heart is breaking over here.

I told you about Rock Star: INXS. One of my favs. My ALL time favorite reality show though has to be Big Brother. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/ This is season six. I have seen every episode from season one to present. Every one. I have loved these people, hated these people, rooted for these people.

The premise of this show is sixteen strangers are isolated in a house. They have absolutely no contact with the outside world in terms of TV, internet, newspapers, phones, radios, etc.

They compete for different things during the week. They compete first for food. If they don't accomplish whatever goal was set up, they are on a peanut butter and jelly diet for the week. PB&J breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. PB&J. Needless to say, people compete pretty hard for their food every week.

The biggest competition is for the coveted position of Head of Household. The HOH gets a private bedroom, a private bathroom, some momentos from home, special snacks etc. One guy this season even got a Hookah pipe! I'm not sure if they gave him anything good to smoke in it but hey! The HOH also has some serious responsibility. It is the HOH that has to nominate two of the houseguests. One of the two nominations will be going home on Thursday. The HOH nominates, the nominees beg, plead and make deals with the houseguests to stay, and on Thursday, the houseguests vote for one of the two nominees. The nominee with the most votes is evicted. As soon as the eviction is over, the competition begins for the new HOH. The whole vicious cycle starts again!

This season has to be the best and the worst. I have seen the biggest fights, the most yelling, the most hatred. The house has split into two groups. I am rooting for the one group, and unfortunately for me (well, maybe for them!) it isn't looking good for them to remain in the house much longer. The bad group (AKA the nerd herd) has been strong and picking off the other group one at a time. It is so frustrating. I know, I know. I told you I get way too involved in this crap!

I need a life.

No comments: