Thursday, November 04, 2010

When Animals Attack

I have been known to have some crazy dreams. Lately, it seems the animal kingdom (and not the good two legged kind) has been invading my dreams.

A few weeks back I dreamed that an elephant was loose in my house. I've mentioned recently that I am terrified of elephants. I won't even go to the circus. So for this beast to be chasing me in my house is beyond ridiculous. Before the logical ones out there point out that an elephant couldn't possibly get in my house, I'm telling you, this huge thing was not only in there but chasing me through the house!

Finally, I was able to run out of the back door to get away from the crazed elephant. However, in my dream it wasn't my back door but my Aunt Aggie's back door I was running out of. I know, weird, huh?

Then just last week, in my dream I was in a field that had a rail road track running through it. What is on the track? A circus train! It was a train like this one, only not a cartoon!

Just one animal per car kinda thing, with bars to you can see who's in each car. Anyway, I'm standing there, watching the train go by and what's in the last car? An elephant. In my dream I'm even thinking to myself "oh great, a freakin' elephant!". No sooner does that thought cross my mind when that last car carrying the elephant jumps the track, comes undone from the rest of the train and is sitting there askew on the track. I am starting to panic!

Then, the car directly in front of the elephant's car also jumps the track and is also left behind by the train. In this second car is a huge tiger! The tiger jumps up to place his paws on the side of the cage/train car which tips the car over. Once the car is on its side, the tiger just walks out of what was the top of the car! And there I am, with nothing between me and the tiger and he sees me as dinner!

I can feel the absolute terror and panic in my dream. I also feel my mortality as I am telling myself that there is no way I can get out of this one alive. I run like mad with the tiger right behind me. Luckily I didn't stay in that dream to see the tiger catch me.

Then there was last night! UGH!

Last night's dream had to do with my fish tank. You'd think that would be a peaceful dream, right? Not!

In my dream, my plecostomus, Fred, climbs out of the fish tank and falls onto the floor. I know perfectly well what Fred really looks like, but in my dream he was in a lizard form. Don't ask me why. Well, I pick Fred up and am checking him over for injuries he sustained falling out of the tank all the while trying to stop Fred from biting me. Fred has never bitten me, even when I chase him around the tank when I clean it. Anyway, in dream land, Fred is a lizard and he's a little injured. Somehow I'm on the phone with an "expert" who is telling me that Fred needs to be put back into the tank immediately as he won't live outside of the tank! Fine, whatever.

As I raise the lid on the tank to put Fred back in, what do I see swimming at me? A HUGE freakin' SNAKE! The head alone on this snake is every bit as long as my hand. I slam the lid down and look in the tank to see what has to be the biggest snake I've ever seen floating at the top of the water in the fish tank. The snake is all tied up in a huge knot since he's too big for the tank. I am again in a panic because first of all, A SNAKE! And second of all, I'm worried about Fred being out of the fish tank but even more worried about putting him in there with the damn snake.

In my dream, Ron said that the snake was in the fish tank because my brother Jim found it in the back yard and asked us to keep it for him in the tank. First thing this morning when I got up, I'm yelling at Ron that if Jim EVER asks Ron to keep a snake for him, he should say NO! Is it any wonder that Ron doesn't have me committed? How would you like to wake up to that conversation?

So, am I the queen of weird dreams or what? And what's with all of the animals lately? Do I need to worry about Freddy Kruger the Elephant or Tiger or Dog in my next dream? Why won't my mind settle down when I'm sleeping? No wonder I'm more tired in the morning than I was when I went to bed at night. And who's to say what was in that tank last night. I know I woke up this morning to a dead fish floating in the tank.

I need to start drinking again. If Bruce Willis isn't going to be in my dreams, I don't want any dreams.

2 comments:

Jim's Blog said...

What sort of cup of crap are you snacking on to give you such nightmares? How strange some of your dreams are

Lisa said...

Sounds like you need to invest in a good dream interpretation book or find a place online.
Or you could take the symbolism for what it is - what or who is the elephant in your room, Ree?