Monday, November 22, 2010

Uh Oh

This story is epic in my family!

Years and years ago when I was a teenager and still living at home, I was doing dinner dishes one night. This is when Corelle was really big and the selling point to Corelle was that it didn't break. In typical teenage angst, I was doing the dishes with attitude. My Dad said to me something like "keep that up and you'll break the dishes".

Smart ass that I was back then (I know, and still am), I held up a clean dinner plate about five feet off the ground, looked my Dad right in the eye and said "don't worry, Corelle doesn't break" and then I dropped the dish to the floor to prove my point.

That point is still legendary. The dish didn't break, oh no. It freakin' shattered! There had to be at least 1,000 pieces all over the kitchen and all the way through the living room. We were picking up shards of Corelle for weeks! At least that ended our argument. Dad = 1, teenage daughter = 0.

In memory of that short argument, I give you this:

No comments: