Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm Baaack!

Here I am, back in Topeka Kansas. I know y'all are jealous! Yes, I am in Topeka Kansas.

On the bad side - Kansas is flat, flat, flat. And, it's dang hot. I bet it got up to a million degrees today, or at least that's what it felt like.

On the good side - Kansans (is that a word?) are really nice people. People let you over in traffic. In the store, people held doors open and people took turns going down an aisle instead of pushing their way through. Nice change.

Starting at the beginning of today, poor Ron dragged his butt out of bed to take me to the airport at 6:30 a.m. I really figured that a Tuesday morning wouldn't be like a Monday morning at the airport. Wow, was I wrong! The airport was absolutely packed. Luckily I got through in time. It didn't matter much as my flight was delayed an hour this morning. I hate that part.

We finally took off headed for Kansas City Missouri. It's a two hour flight which is a long time to keep my butt plastered in a hard uncomfortable seat. (I know Mike, you have no sympathy for me on that one!) I slept through the first hour of the flight but the second hour the pilot was doing everything he could to keep me awake. The plane was rocking and rolling. We hit some really bad storms coming in here, but we landed safely anyway.

I found the rental car place ok and had them verify the directions I had to the highway. I was good to go. I found my audit site with little trouble! Now THAT never happens!

So, I worked hard today, never got to take a lunch, so I made sure I had a nice steak dinner tonight! Yes, I do love an expense account.

I have an above average hotel room. I have my work space all set up here, my clothes are ironed and in the closet. I can't be any more ready than this.

For now, it's been a long day and I'm pooped. If it wasn't a million degrees outside, I'd go sit out on my balcony and enjoy the night air. Instead I'm turning up the a/c, brushing my teeth and heading to bed.

This is my exciting life.

No comments: