Sunday, January 03, 2010

Say Hello, Say So Long

My friends, David and Edna, now live in San Diego. Between email, cell phones and video chats, we stay in touch as much as we can. So, talking to them recently, I knew they planned on staying in California this holiday season. There were NO plans on coming home this year.

Let's start with the day after Christmas. I had a lazy day and in the middle of the afternoon, David called me to wish me a happy holiday. Did I mention that I was having a lazy day? It was so lazy in fact that I was back in bed taking a serious nap. So, I'm woken out of a dead sleep by this phone call. Some days David is a bit off the wall when you're awake and sober! Waking from a dead sleep, it's sometimes hard to be on the same page with him.

All I know is that he kept saying "what's that noise?" I kept hearing someone knocking on his door. I told him to answer his damn door and the knocking would stop! He then told me it wasn't HIS door that had the knocking!

Luckily, Ron was wide awake during this time, heard the knocking for real and not just in my phone, and ran down the stairs to open the door. Sure enough, there was David and Edna at our door! Ron let them in, (hey, they were carrying TWO pies!! Of course, we'd let just about anybody in who was carrying TWO pies!)

Ron came running upstairs to tell me to get dressed because David and Edna were downstairs. I was still shaking the cobwebs from my head as I told him they couldn't be! I was on the phone with David after all! Surprise, surprise, they snuck into town without telling anyone and they were indeed downstairs.

Did I mention they brought pie?

So we had a great visit in our dining room, having coffee and eating pie. Now that was worth being woken from a nap for!

Last night we were hooking up again, this time including Edna's parents, Nick and Sally for a party at Lone Star Steakhouse.

Here is Sally and Nick:



The guests of honor, David and Edna!


Last but not least, I tried to take a picture of me and Ron! I'm the one you can barely see in the bottom corner of the picture! My niece JoBeth is the champ at taking pictures like this. Obviously, the length of my arm just isn't right. Either that or I can't aim. Yeah, one of those!



We were there for good times, for sure! We enjoyed the party, and even the food. Granted, I barely got pictures of the appetizers before the plates were empty.





Then, back to Nick and Sally's for Arabic coffee and good times.

We all had a great evening and now it's time to say so long, for now. Until the next visit, or until Ron and I knock on YOUR door with pies in hand!

No comments: