Monday, February 09, 2009

I Hope It Will Be Worth It

Every week, brother Phil and I have a date at the library. We take books back, we pick up more books. I do love my library.

I have a couple of lists of books that I want to read. Before we go to the library, I will look up a few in the library's system and I can see if what I want is in stock at my local branch. If it is in stock, I can also see exactly where in the library it would be. I love my library AND the electronic age!

If my local library doesn't have one of the books I'm looking for, I can see if any library in the Cleveland system has a particular book. If I can see they own a copy, I can put a hold on a book. Usually, the books I am looking for are not new releases, so I can get a requested book in a few days. I get an email stating my book is ready, I go to my branch and the book will be sitting on a particular shelf with my name on it. Piece of cake.

Once in awhile, I have to get on a waiting list for a book. Again, I have never waited too long to get through a queue to get my requested book. Until now.

I have heard a lot about the Twilight series of books. I guess there are four books in the series, and the first book has been made into a movie. I know, it's about vampires. That is one of the last things I of all people should be reading about. But, the target audience for this series is young adult, so how bad can it be? It seems to be so popular, I at least want to judge for myself if all the hype is true or not.

On January 6, 2009, I put a hold on the first book, Twilight. I was # 364 in the queue for this book! For real? I have to wait for 364 people to read this book before I can read it? It's a good thing the library has a bunch of copies!

It is now February 9, 2009 and I am up to # 100 in the queue!

Maybe I'll get a copy of this book by June. I sure hope it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, it's a good thing I have a gazillion other books on my list I want to read.

No comments: