Monday, April 30, 2007

Impulse Buys

I think most of us have been suckered into purchasing an impulse item at the check out counter of a store. I know I’m guilty of picking up something extra at the last minute at the check out now and again.

Over the weekend, Ron and I had run some errands. What we saw was amazing. You know what they had in the impulse buy section at the store? Pregnancy tests.

Call me silly, but I can’t imagine that being an impulse buy. I can see condoms at the check out, (hey, who doesn’t want the need for one of those?) or candy bars, or nail clippers, or aspirin, or gossip magazines. But I have never stood there and said to myself “Gee, self, a pregnancy test! Hmm, when was my last period? Oh yeah! Maybe I should pick up one of these and see if anything’s happening that I should worry about!”

I guarantee you, if a pregnancy test was needed, that would definitely be a planned trip to the store to purchase one, and not an impulse buy as I’m picking up milk.

No comments: