Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fix It

I have been very vocal in the fact that I hate my bed. The bed is only a couple of years old and I've not been thrilled with it since shortly after we bought it. Ron even bought one of those posture-pedic toppers for the bed, hoping it would help. I think it did help a little, but I still don't like the bed. For at least the last month, I have not spent a full night in that bed. I start out there ok, but then my back or my hips start to hurt and I finish up the night on the couch or the recliner. I am just not getting very restful sleep, for sure. We have started doing some research on buying a new bed. I thought maybe one of those sleep number beds that you see advertised all the time might be the answer. But at a cost of $3,000, I need to find another question, because I can't afford that answer! Before we outlay a ton of money for another bed, Ron had one more idea. Sunday, he totally ripped our bed apart! The box spring portion of our bed is in two pieces. He started by switching, taking each of the pieces and moving them to the opposite side. We then flipped and rotated the mattress, and finished with flipping the posture-pedic topper as well. Then the bedding was washed and put all back together again. For the first time since I can't remember when, I spent the entire night in my bed! That fact really hit me this morning when my alarm started going off and Ron actually asked me what that was for! I've been shutting that alarm off and turning on the one downstairs when I go downstairs to finish off my night. I guess it's been awhile since he's heard the incessant blaring of my alarm. So, the first night was a success. I felt good this morning and felt like I had a good night's sleep. Here's hoping that will continue. Otherwise, my checkbook will be getting a good workout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have found a cure...even if it may be a temporary one...What a brain that Ron has!!! He is a "true-keeper!" May you rest in your bed for a good long time!